FZ 07 Owners Club banner

140+ miles today

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Kahold Cheung 
#1 ·
Let me begin by saying that for the last 12 months I have been riding a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 with bikini fairing, small windshield and under seat exhaust so the NAKED 2015 FZ07 didn't bother me except the speed of impact for bugs.... OUCH! Haha

The motorcycle is everything the reviews say, power when you let out the clutch to under 6000rpm. It is smooth and easy to ride. I loved the small twin grumble from 3800-5200rpm. Engine temp stayed between 175-180 degrees in motion above 30mph but sitting at traffic lights it would jump to 200+ and the fan kicked on around 210 degrees. The bike cruises well at 55mph in 5th gear and just under 5000rpm. We rode more than 140 miles in all conditions from traffic, to straight aways to curves. I got 56.8 miles to a gallon on average. I just LOVE this bike.

#4 ·
Got mine Saturday, did about 50 miles tooling around. On Sunday met my son on his R6 and we did jaunt through morris county NJ. Hills, some twisties, lots of nature and speeds between 35 and 50 mph. Very nice and even a bit of a challenge. Have only 1/2 to 3/4 inch of unused tire so doing some moderate leaning. Keeping the RPM's 5K and under, occasional blip over 5K. Also doing some highway. Love this machine .. only nit picky complaint I would have is the horn button is a tough reach. I like to sometimes keep my finger on the trigger when I sense danger. The horn is nice and loud though. Can't wait to open her up .. have about 160 miles on the odo now. The speedo is spot on .. cruised past on of those side road radar unit that advertise your speed.

#5 ·
Thanks. I wondered about the speedo. It felt right, cause traffic on the interstate usually stays at 74 mph in the middle lane, but I hadn't checked the accuracy yet. My odometer reads 800 miles. I only ride early just after sunup when it is still relatively cool. Sunny and 100 F for a high and same for every day for the foreseeable future. My best riding time is Oct-June.

#11 ·
I have 1000 on mine and love every mile. It is the best! I am starting to wounder if it will replace my Roadliner????? The FZ is so light and nimble. And I am so far not any more tired than I would have been on the Roadliner. But I have yet to be on the FZ all day. But that is coming soon. Next week or so I plan an all day trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.