FZ 07 Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
About all I could find out is that it should be released with the rest of the 2017 Models and it appears it has borrowed a 450 motor from Yamaha's off-road bike and uses the drive from another company who specializes in that type of drive, No price yet but up here in the great white north (northern Michigan) I think it would be the answer a lot of us have been looking for.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears from people who were at the unveiling that the bike is a Sherco 450. I'm not very familiar with sherco but it looks pretty rare in the U.S. and started out as a trials bike company. Arctic cat has done a deal with Yamaha for engines, but maybe that's just for the multi-cylinder engines. For some reason they decided to move from Suzuki to Yamaha. Polaris bought Timberline (tracks). Who knows what the winter of "17" may bring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course, even that is open to change. There has been very little promotion to the public and the one time it was displayed, it was only for a minute or two then it was covered up. We'll see, probably in September, and there's a good chance that Polaris has something in the works as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you look closely at the frame, it matches the Sherco frame. I talked to my dealer and he heard they would produce just a few to see how it goes. I think the Sherco brand is pretty expensive so it may not be cost effective for most snow people unless they have a lot of cash.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts