FZ 07 Owners Club banner

60 MPG ?

22K views 69 replies 27 participants last post by  barnicleboii 
#1 ·
ive put about 350 miles on the bike and the best mpg ive got was today. I went 73 mile trip mainly highway 54mpg doing about 60-65 mph? side note I still haven't changed my oil yet not sure if that would help.
has anyone got close to 60 mpg?

#2 ·
US mpg or Imperial? I forget where this forum is based. Either way, my Canadian fz has been getting 5.3ish l/100km. Doesn't seem that impressive but it is ridden purely for fun. No better than my previous fz09, but they say little engines ridden hard get worse fuel mileage.

#44 ·
If you get about 50mpg, then at a gallon left you have 50 miles to find a gas station. I also read in the manual that when your light starts flashing it will start a TRIP F (I think it's an F), to show you how many miles you've gone since it started flashing - which I find an awesome feature. So when it starts flashing, and starts ticking the miles away in TRIP F, start looking for a gas station, or know you've got about 50 miles or so left till you run out.

#23 ·
My gas bar goes from 3 bars to 1 bar fairly quickly. I filled up before the flashing occurred, but there was still a lot of gas left...over 1 gallon if all my calculations are correct. I haven't checked mileage yet, but I'm thinking low 50s. You guys know about Fuelly, right? Here's a link: http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/ although nobody has posted any mileage yet for the FZ-07. The FZ-09 has some data.

#26 ·
So far I am using the readout on the bike for average MPG. I switched to premium and now think I will go back to 87. The last tanks have been 46 to 48 MPG. But I am not watching the speed and getting on it a lot. I plan an all day trip next week and will let you know what the total miles driven and MPG. Thanks for the up date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.