FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see BST isn't making any rims now for the MT07 specifically but that most likely will change.
Also interested if any of the BST r6-r1 rims will fit the MT-07.

After doing some reading about the weight reduction of 8lbs per wheel cost of 3000usd a set (pricy) and the ultimate question, "Was it worth it?" It seems to be,... Yes!

The R1 riders say it completely changed the feel of their bike to the same feel as an r6 much more nymble and quick.

With the MT-07 already being light, these wheels might shave 10-15lbs in a crucial category known as centrifical rotating mass. I think these rims would be awsome on an MT-07 maybe making it feel like a 365lbs ninja 250 but with way more power!

Anyone know any mt-07 rolling BST wheels? Feedback?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks good, Do you know the weights of the stock rims Vs the GSXR 750 rims?

That's a really nice front end. I read that you used the ohlins from the 1098s.
Did you use the triple tree from the 1098 s as well? To me judging from the picture i'm guessing
you used a 1098 s top triple mount and bored out the stock bottom fz-07 fork mount.
Am I right? This is a mod i'm very interested in Since i like inverted forks and know ohlins are the best. It looks like you had lots of fab work to do with the triple tree, it's to bad there isn't another triple tree that could swap right on with no fabing and accept inverted forks, or is there?
BST does make carbon fiber rims for the 1098s so with this front end, a BST rim could be slapped in.

I'm out here in Taiwan, the country the fz-07/mt-07 is made and really the
only affordable big bike here. Bikes like the kawasaki ninja 300 get slapped with a 45%
import tax making the ninja 300 cost about 500usd more than a new fz-07.
I would just buy a big bike with upside down forks here but those run 15,000usd + due to the import tax. Luckily the fz-07 is made in Taiwan and not subject to this tax so is sold without ABS for about 9300usd +- All the other bikes prices are in the stratosphere bmw1000rr going for nearly 30,000usd out here

·
Registered
72 Posts
The top and bottom triple clamps are both from a Duc 1098s.

The ducati lower clamp was bored out to take the FZ 07 stem.

The ducati forks are 1 inch shorter than the FZ 07 .

To compensate, the ends were cut off another top clamp, milled and welded to make ends thicker.

Also have fork caps that are 1 inch thicker.

The Marvics are about 1 LB heavier than BST, but about 8 Lbs combined weight lighter than FZ 07 wheels.

All parts were bought used through Ebay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts