FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, just bought a new 2016 fz-07, and so far only got 140 miles on it. While I was riding today, appoarching a intersection and trying to shift Down my bike would not drop down a gear or go up. The gear indicator would also go blank. While completely stopped it would to the same. The only way I would get it to do something is to dump the clutch. Has Anyone had or have this problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you downshifting one gear at a time, letting the clutch back out between downshifts, or are you downshifting more than one gear at a time without letting the clutch out between downshifts?
Are you rolling or stopped while downshifting?

As for the gear position indicator, make sure the electrical wire at the clutch lever perch is fully plugged in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I down shift one gear at a time ,letting the clutch out everytime. I always make sure I'm back to first before I stop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
streetshark, this occasionally happens to me too. I've figured out that it occurs mostly when I've come to a stop in 3rd or sometimes when I've gone from 1st back to N and try going back to first.

The solution for me is to let out the clutch slightly until I feel it slightly engage, (which also illuminates the gear I'm in instead of blank) pull the clutch back in, in turn allowing me to shift into the desired gear.

Thankfully it doesn't happen often as I've made it a habit to roll to a stop in either 1, N, or 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey StreetShark, I had this problem hit me unexpectedly while learning also (as have many others!), to put it simply the transmission is a non-synchronized gearbox, so if the gear's get out of sync it can lead to getting stuck between gears, so as the others have said manually syncing the gears while engine braking/stopping helps ALOT,
BUT, If I did come to a stop and I am stuck between gears I push the bike a few inches forward and shift down during the movement, I've almost gotten discrete about it when it does happen now because you don't have to push forward much, it sucks while learning, but you learn your way out of it in my experience.(My sv650 had a synced box so it took me some relearning also, but it rarely happens now that I am aware of the non-synchronization)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts