FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6900 miles currently on my fz07. The front tire is in good shape, but the rear is staringt to square off. Ive been looking at replacement tires, but cant seem to decide which would work best for me. I use the bike as a commuter, i'm 6'1 @240 lbs. I dont visit the track, and unfortunately, very seldom do i get the chance to take on a mountain road (as much as i enjoy it). Ive been looking at the Michelin pilot road 3s, road 4s, and the michelin commander IIs. Ive had michelins on all of my bikes and have yet to run into any issues with them. I would greatly appreciate some input from the community on what works and what doesnt with our bikes (this being my first sport style bike).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Myself, I'd replace it with the same manufacturer and model of tire.
Why not?, as the original tires in either brand the bike comes with are quality tires.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Hard to beat a Pilot Road 3 or 4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 6900 miles currently on my fz07. The front tire is in good shape, but the rear is staringt to square off. Ive been looking at replacement tires, but cant seem to decide which would work best for me. I use the bike as a commuter, i'm 6'1 @240 lbs. I dont visit the track, and unfortunately, very seldom do i get the chance to take on a mountain road (as much as i enjoy it). Ive been looking at the Michelin pilot road 3s, road 4s, and the michelin commander IIs. Ive had michelins on all of my bikes and have yet to run into any issues with them. I would greatly appreciate some input from the community on what works and what doesnt with our bikes (this being my first sport style bike).
I also use my FZ07 for commuting year round rain or shine. I on my 2nd set of times right now and I went with the Michelin pilot road 4s this time around because I was really impressed how long the Road 3 lasted 12,400 miles for the rear and right now I have 19,900 on the front and it just now hitting the ware indicator. The Road 4s is 20% better then the R3 and just $20 more. I'm 7k miles on the Road 4 rear, handing is well on the dry and in the rain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am currently running the AVON 3D Storm XM and very impressed with the performance when pushed. A little rough rolling straight up thou not as smooth as the BattleAxes. These are the extra mileage tires (claimed to last 15000 miles???). I only have about 2000 kms on them so we will see what the future holds. As well they come with road hazard warranty, we will see how that words out if ever needed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am running the Bridgestone T31s currently. It's dual compound so that it wouldn't square off like the BT-023s did. Less dry traction on the center, but never had any issues leaning.

I was considering the S21s or the Rosso IIIs but I am more concerned with getting more miles out of a tire than outright performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts