FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you have the Yamaha rear rack the seat base will have to be cut to fit over the rack. I am having mine done this weekend. I have had many Corbin seats, they are great. The seats do require some break in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That looks great. Now I wish I had ordered the white welt on mine. I'm waiting for Corbin to re make mine since the first attempt was made on a FZ-09 pan and was not even close to fitting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode it Saturday with the new seat. It is higher than the stock seat. I used to flat foot the bike with the stock seat, now I dont. I like the feel so far. Stiff but molded rounder to fit my fanny. Corbin's mold to the rider over time. I LOVE the look over the stock seat. This seat is one piece hooking in the front and snapping with the lock mechanism.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My seat is back from being fitted to go over the Yamaha factory rear rack. I did notice it is a bit higher. It has been my experience Corbin seats take about 1,000 to mold to you shape. I agree with the look, very nice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi - I got mine about 300 miles ago and it feels perfect, don't feel like it needs a 1000 miles to fit with my behind. I agree with the assessment that it feels about an inch higher. I'm not sure if it is really higher, but due to the fact that it is a bit wider than the stock, it feels like you sit a bit higher.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my seat yesterday and while I love the feel I have some concerns. Do you notice some gaps, mostly around the front of the seat and the body panels? And a bit of movement where the seat latches at the front? I thought it was odd that the front hooks under those front body panels that are plastic instead of using the stock metal seat bracket near the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seriously? I know this is asking a lot, but if you could take a pic of the underside of your seat that would be amazingly excellent :)

This is what the tab on the bottom of the seat looks like after about 3 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm happy enough with the shape but it could stand to be a little softer. On my Corbin seat the mounting tongue looks like crap the same as yours. I have added a rubber sleeve over that metal tongue because that part is in direct contact with the gas tank not plastic body panels or the stock seat bracket, the actual steel gas tank! I also had to add some washers to space the rear loop down to the correct location otherwise the seat wouldn't latch no mater how hard I pushed on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good idea. What did you use? I have some rubber inner tube laying around from my kid's bike I could pillage.

Mine also takes a serious punch to get it to latch...and if you aren't putting weight on it when you turn the key, it won't unlock, and the key will bend. Yes, I bent my key. Derp.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts