FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done lots of searching and it seems like no one has this problem.
I recently purchased a 2015 FZ-07 that needed the motor replaced, I then purchased a used motor from a 2017 FZ-07. Got everything swapped over and now I'm showing a CEL and error code 5d-14, which for either intake air pressure sensor or air intake duct/hose clogged/disconnected.
Along with this, I'm having trouble get the bike idle, if I give it some throttle it will come to life, but when it does idle it surges and there's a bit noise coming from the intake side (between air box and throttle body) that sounds like air blowing off.
My assumption is that these 2 issues are related, the weird idle and the 5d-14 error code, as they are intake related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, bike has a Yoshimura exhaust and I just installed an FTECU and flashed the ECU for the Yoshi exhaust, seems to have richened it up, but not improved idle or cleared error code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I feel dumb. I overlooked the simplest solution. The hose to the air pressure sensor was just disconnected. I had run the hose to the sensor but forgot to actually put it on. The engine code cleared after running for a few minutes, and no longer has an idle issue. Bike is doing great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts