FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the other day I finally pull the trigger and ordered a set of OES sliders from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/311024644120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 .This morning the order came in so I decided to install them.The installation is super easy for the rear axle you need some blue thread lock and two 5 mm allen wrenches and for the frame a 17 mm socket to remove stock bolts then a 10mm allen for the supplied bolts,all you do is apply a bit of oil on bolts then tighten with a torque wrench at 35 ft/lbs the all process took me maybe 20 minutes that's including tapping myself on the back for job well done:) .Also the rear axle sliders work as spools.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
someone from another board wrecked with these on his 07, the sliders held up pretty solid, him and his passenger are okay

·
Registered
35 Posts
These things seam pretty stout. Also if I damage one i can just buy the one i need which is good don't have to buy the whole set just which ever side got hurt. I like the looks I got the rear spools with the groves for the center lift type stand. I like them! They got to me in 4 days free shipping.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd suggest frame sliders from Vagabond Motorsports, If my bike ever went down and slid on the sliders I'd be concerned about what those stresses did to the engine mount bolts and engine, Vagabonds don't use the engine mount bolts for installation.

From the Vagabond website: "The bolts that connect the frame to the engine are critical to maintaining stiffness and must not be altered from the factory. All our competitors use the engine mounting bolts to mount the sliders, which means a longer (weaker) bolt be used to install the sliders. Don't install sliders that will affect the stiffness of your frame and will put all crash loads into the motor mounts! The Vagabond Motorsports sliders take advantage of the FZ-07's tubular frame to mount the sliders in a precision engineered fit that distributes all potential crash loads uniformly into the chassis"

http://vagabondmotorsports.com/Yamaha-FZ-07-2015-Frame-Slider-Kit-VM-Y701.htm

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am confused - I thought the OES sliders mount in the same place as shown on the Vagabond website. What is the difference for the FZ 07 mounting?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The OES frame sliders requires the removal of stock bolts and replace them with supplied ones , not sure about vagabond but looks to me me like they don't require any bolts to be removed and will go in to the frame with some kind of o rings .Just my 2 cents I got OES on mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Vagabond sliders use the hole at the bottom of the mounting area, a small screw goes through the hole into the side of the slider to hold it in, that and the O-rings hold it in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did the axle spool/sliders haven't done the fork yet .In the end I did not use the spools got paddle stand for rear .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts