FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all :)

I just wanted some opinions on how this bike is at freeway speeds.
60-70mph/100-120kph or beyond...:rolleyes:

I haven't bought my 07 yet. The season up here in Ontario, Canada is winding down, so I've decided to wait till winter to make a purchase with an early spring delivery :)

That'll also give me time to pick out all the accessories and get them all together.

Primarily, I'll be using my 07 to stomp around on country backroads and in town.

I envy all of you who are able to ride year round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dave,
FZ 07 rides smoothly and easily at all legal road speeds (85mph here) and will probably go above that easily and securely. For reasonable comfort, however, you will need a good windscreen. I have been unable to find any on internet or at dealers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow you get to ride at 85mph legally!!!
Now I'm jealous :)
This is great to know!
Thanks Will :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My bike rides out very smooth. Highway speeds even without a windscreen are not terrible. I can take it up over 100+ without being blown all around. It rides even better on the back roads where you have some wind break from the trees. The bike is so light you can breeze through the corners with ease. I concider myself an aggressive rider and this bike always
delivers on performance and handling. You will not be disappointed with the fz07.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't know man, a lot of people here talk about how much a windscreen prevents wind blast in the higher speeds. There might be something to that. I cruise at a steady 75 on my daily 30 mile commute, without one and don't have an issue with the wind. Mind you that this is my first bike and don't have anything to compare it to. I've gotten it up there a few times in the past few days since having my first service and haven't felt uncomfortable until the low-mid 90s. Of course I also tuck low and hug the tank once I pass 65ish. As low as I can being 6'1", lol. I also wear a full face helmet, so maybe that helps. I like the look of the bike too much to add a windscreen, so it'll never happen for me. But they seem to have their popularity. Ultimately though, this bike is like hot sex in the curves. A nice stretch of back road twisties make me wonder why I was obsessed with four wheels all my life, yet thankful I waited for this bike. Believe me when I say you won't regret this purchase. Not for an instant. Life changing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just rode it home from the dealership which only included about a 1 mile hop on the the killway......uh freeway, I know the engines tight and I couldn't rev it but it seemed WEAK in 6'th, as if it was geared too high, was in eco mode if that makes a diff, don't know how to change that yet.

...but I'm coming from a 2005 YZF 600r with about 30 more horses than the FZ,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just rode it home from the dealership which only included about a 1 mile hop on the the killway......uh freeway, I know the engines tight and I couldn't rev it but it seemed WEAK in 6'th, as if it was geared too high, was in eco mode if that makes a diff, don't know how to change that yet.

...but I'm coming from a 2005 YZF 600r with about 30 more horses than the FZ,
I don't think there are different modes on the FZ-07 like in the 09. I believe that ECO mode is when you run the bike at speed but with low RPMs, hence the lack of power when pulling on 6th gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Puig Touring screen. It does a fairly good job deflecting wind up to about my upper shoulder area (I am 6'), and at freeway speeds up to 70 MPH it is very comfortable. Note - I do wear a full face helmet and have not run that speed continuously for more than about 30 mins yet, so not sure how fatiguing it may be on longer rides. Probably won't know until next year, as we are already getting freeze warnings here in Michigan. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts