FZ 07 Owners Club banner

FZ-07 frame rigidity

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  C. Dolan 
#1 ·
question for owners who pushed the bike hard in twisty roads or who did some trackdays. How's the frame rigidity? Do the FZ-07 keeping is trajectory easy when the bike is pushed hard in a curve? No problem with the non-adjustable front suspension? Not that i want to use the FZ as a track bike but i like pushing hard in curves and would like do at least 1-2 trackdays with it. Also, the pegs seems to be low a bit, is this a problem in curves or still have a good lean capacity? Thank you

#3 ·
Nothing at all wrong with frame rigidity on the 07. In fact I prefer the tube steel frame over aluminum for the feel while cornering. The rear shock spring and rebound is a bit weak ...but the front is adequate stock. If you really want to shred the tires you'll need some fork cartridges in the front and a good rear shock....and of course both ends sprung correctly for your weight. I'm running AK 20'S ...8.5 springs in the front...and a rebuilt and re sprung stock shock in the rear...both done by Traxxion Dynamics. I upgraded to Bridgstones BT 016 Pro tires. It's a weapon now that will run with anything on a tight road.

#7 ·
Rear R 6 Penske: Had to use a remote reservoir version since the mounting area is a bit crowded for an attached one.

Made a longer clevis since the shock was a bit short.

The front end was pretty involved to make the Duc triple clamps work .

Bored out lower clamp and pressed through FZ 07 stem.

More tedious work involved making brackets for ignition switch, headlight mounts and fork stops.

Also have 1 inch extended fork caps since the Duc forks are about 1 inch short.

Ends of another top clamp welded and milled the make clamping area thicker.

Picture of the bike taken before I made the extended fork caps to completely

fill the top clamp fork holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.