FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the process of swapping out the OEM headlight for something custom. After doing some other custom work with handlebars and front forks the OEM front headlight stopped working. All I did was unplug it and throw it off to the side and when I plugged it back in it didn't work. I figured that maybe the bulb died but was upgrading to something else soon anyways. Now a few weeks later I have a different headlight and it doesn't work either so there must be something wrong with the plug?

I already checked the fuses and everything is good. The one thing I wonder is that will it all run fine without the headlight running lamp hooked up? I was just going to hook up the running light from my LED headlight from blinker cable since had more cable to work with for custom plugs.

I don't know what is wrong with it or what could have got messed up. Anyone have any ideas? Right now with just plugging in the 3 pin connector I get nothing. Blinkers and horn work just fine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I would give an update on my issue.

So using multi-meter, no voltage at headlight, no voltage at switch. There is power at the relay and headlight will work if splice wire from either red power in to the green connector (middle ground wire). Likewise voltage can be seen across multi-meter from both red wires and random frame ground. The yellow wire though flat-lines and there is no voltage across it. So relay doesn't seem to be the problem, but seems like it is not switching correctly maybe?

Back at the fuse box, from power to ground across the fuse there is no voltage reading. But if splice power side of headlight fuse to another ground then voltage reading is present. Seems to be a ground issue?

According to the wiring diagram the power goes from the fuse box to the relay then to the switch and finally to the headlight. But there is voltage present at relay even though no voltage present across fuse. Of course at relay there is no voltage across the main connector only the other ground.

So it seems there may be a grounding issue somewhere between the headlight relay and the fuse box. I'm not really sure. I really don't know where to look next, any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts