FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm a new member to the forum. I once again visited my local dealer in NJ today. I am torn between the fz07 and cbr650f. I've been riding on and off for 20+ years. I'm not an overly aggressive rider , looking to get a bike that will primarily used "around town" and occasional commuting on parkway/freeway. Yes, I know this is a fz07 forum, the two aren't in the same genre/class, but they have been tested against each other on a few sites. I'm looking for actual owner opinions. I want to like this bike more.

Any opinions , pros/cons about this bike would greatly appreciated

-braingarble

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was debating the same two bikes before I bought my FZ-07. I think the CBR650F is a great bike, and I think I would have been happy if I had bought it also.
IMO though the FZ-07 is a better around town bike, and commuter, because of the light weight and upright ergos (about 60lbs lighter if I remember correctly), but the CBR would probably be better on long trips, because of the protection, and seating position. Oh, yea... It's also more expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Price not being a variable in the equation, would you still choosing the fz07? I think the stock seat on the fz07, would need to be addressed immediately, whereas the cbr650f is pretty damn comfortable. The seating position is pretty close on both.

-braingarble

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the response. Price not being a variable in the equation, would you still choosing the fz07? I think the stock seat on the fz07, would need to be addressed immediately, whereas the cbr650f is pretty damn comfortable. The seating position is pretty close on both.

-braingarble
Price no issue, I would still lean towards the 07 mainly do to the weight, lack of plastics, and fun factor, but it's a close call, and if I had been really torn between the two, I think a test ride would have made up my mind (but it wasn't quite that close for me, and I didn't test ride).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Appreciate all the comments . I purchased a FZ07 a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it gets warm soon in NJ, so I can pick it up. Until then, I am collecting accessories.

-braingarble

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the red. However, I only bought the red because of the black Frame. I purchased white tank plastics, so it will be a white.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Though the dealer ~$200 all 3 pieces sides and middle. They thought I was crazy at first, then they saw the difference when they held them up to bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was considering both bikes as well and just bought the FZ due to the lower size/weight and lower price. I also like low end grunt but have to wonder what riding the 650F would be like. We can't get test rides around here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was considering both bikes as well and just bought the FZ due to the lower size/weight and lower price. I also like low end grunt but have to wonder what riding the 650F would be like. We can't get test rides around here.
Congrats on new purchase. Test rides are nearly nonexistent around here too. Money wasn't part of my equation, it was really about choosing the best bike for me. I ultimately purchased it because when both bikes were on the stand, and both feet were on the pegs, I couldn't comfortably use the rear brake. I have a really messed up knee which limits my mobility down to my ankle. The other decision makers were the lack solid reviews for the Honda, in comparison to The many positive reviews for the FZ. The FZ has tons of after market parts. It's just waiting to be customized and the cbr650f is pretty far behind on that department.

-braingarble

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks braingarble. I wanted to get the honda because I had just bought a CB300F which I loved but ultimately wanted more power. For me, there is a lot of history as to how I got here. I'm older at 57 and I've owned various bikes most of my life but sold my last one (Vstrom DL1000) about 8 years ago and didn't think I would get another. But when looking for a low cost "toad" option for my RV I thought of getting a scooter, so I could carry it on the RV without a trailer, but when I got to the dealer he showed me a GROM which I'd never heard of then I ultimately purchased the 300 because it seemed like the best compromise between size/weight/price/fun. But what it did was make me fall in love with motorcycling again and want more power so a month later I purchased the FZ07 mainly because it's similar in size and weight but has a whole lot more power. Now I have to sell the 300 which should be easy because it is an awesome motorcycle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would love to see what the blurple rims and frame looks like with the white plastics. I was considering doing that but until now I thought it would entail a repaint. Hmmm...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just came back from a ride today as the sun came out and the weather got perfect. This was the first ride I've taken except for the after purchase test rides and Wow, now that I'm rested up and getting more comfortable with it, I can see this bike is really going to hit the spot. Due to the break-in I'm riding it rather tamely but this bike excels with that kind of riding just cruising around with low RPMs but all that torque in the background waiting to be harnessed with the twist of the throttle. For what I need right now this bike fits the bill without the extra weight, size, and cost of the CBR650F.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts