FZ 07 Owners Club banner

Greetings from Jacksonville Beach FL!

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Engineer22 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. First time rider and bike owner, just picked up my 2016 FZ 07 this weekend and have been enjoying it. Look forward to learning a lot from this forum as this is my first time EVER owning and even riding a bike. Any riders in northeast Florida?

#3 ·
They are great bikes! I got mine from Beach Blvd Motorsports. They weren't great and wouldn't budge on the price. Plus they tried to add all these extra fees and tried to get me to buy a bunch of crap. I ended up buying a 2016 for 6250 out the door. If you go there, take your time and if they don't come down to your price, walk away. They will call you back, they are very eager to buy bikes.

#5 ·
Like I said, if they don't agree to the price you want, walk away because they will call you. The salesman was practically salivating because I told him I really wanted to buy a bike and he could tell but not for what they were asking and the ridiculous fees they try to charge. If you have the cash or can get personal financing, I would go with the craigslist add. See if he is willing to meet you at a garage that works on bikes to give it a clean bill of sale and go for it. Has all the popular upgrades, exhaust, fender eliminator, sliders, rad guard. Have the garage check it out and let them tell you how much they think it's worth and see if there is any damage. Also see if he has receipts for maintenance to make sure it was done. Looks like it could be a great deal. That first service interval can be expensive and if he has 3400 miles he should have already gone through it.

#7 ·
Second oil change isn't bad if all the maintenance was done right the first time around. Unfortunately my bike didn't make it to it's second oil change... It became roadkill on Atlantic Blvd. BTW Michaelcly- If you need a jacket, helmet, gloves or gear/ tools for you bike I have a bunch. A good stand that fit the bike perfectly, grunge brush, chain saver, degreaser, the lug for the rear tire so you can tighten the chain, an oil pan and I think some left over oil if you are interested.

#8 ·
Good advice, thank you both. The CL bike is mine now. I go pick it up with my truck tomorrow. It's amazing. The owner is a strait-up kind of professional guy. Everything he owned was immaculate—house, car, etc. It was his first bike. He is getting married and buying a house. I looked at the tires and this thing hasn't ever been in a sharp turn.
He did the first service and said the second is due soon. I also got some gear with it—all be it an extra $400. Included: Aria XD-4 helmet (new $650), gloves (75), Alpinestars Jacket ($200), Sena 20S Bluetooth Headset (200). They are all black and white and match the bike.

Did I read that right? Your FZ07 is wrecked? What happened? Were you hurt?

#11 ·
It's a good looking bike, congrats man. Double what RobertBishop said, it is very tourquey on the low end and a lot of fun, won't be long before you're popping the front tire off the ground while accelerating. Yeah you read that right, high sided on Atlantic by Regency, it was early morning and I was working on tight corners and taking them at speed, came around a corner and a guy swerved in my lane, I hit the brakes and the back tire started to slide in the dirt/gravel, I took my foot off the rear break and the back tire caught and and threw me down on my side pretty hard. Shoulder, ribs and hip were pretty banged up for a while, still having shoulder problems (tore my bicep out of my shoulder but that's because I was lifting while my shoulder was still injured). Be safe, have fun and always look twice. Only thing about the bike is the clutch (maybe I just wasn't used to it) but it will go from friction zone to all out in about a half a centimeter, maybe its just the torque IDK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.