FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Gixxer front end (with fork leg extensions and GP Suspension cartridges) because it's what we had laying around. Custom upper triple and steering stem (after much trial and error with OEM parts off of various bikes). Retains OEM steering lock, ignition location, and the '06 GSX-R600 blue front wheel is a perfect match to the Yamaha blue on the FZ-07. GSX-R wheel, brake calipers, master cylinder, lower triple clamp, and matte black fender sourced from eBay. Brake lines are Spiegler. Shock is Penske double-clicker. Right mirror sacrificed for upgraded master cylinder, so we'll stick with the one until Johnny Law tells us otherwise, then we'll be looking for a set of bar-end mirrors or something.

Handles brilliantly. Excellent stopping power, more manageable brake dive, very natural steering and cornering, great stability. A little less wheelie-prone due to geometry change, and taller overall. Harsher on square-edged hits, but what else would you expect? Worth it for the added performance. Feels pretty much like a sit-up supersport with riser bars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
RE: "
Harsher on square-edged hits, but what else would you expect?

Worth it for the added performance.

Feels pretty much like a sit-up supersport with riser bars. "

You can eventually soften up the suspension , especially low speed, for the bumpy stuff, and still have higher speed stability.

Modified Penske rear from an R 6 works well on mine. I weigh 230 and use a 115 rear spring.

Ironically , my FZ 09 takes a 105 rear spring with an Ohlins from a GSXR 1000.

I'm guessing the lighter FZ 07 has a different ratio in the rear linkage ?

Running 85 springs on the Duc 1098 Ohlins forks.

Made a drop end top clamp with 1 inch top tube extenders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts