FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new owner here. I have 2015 fz 07 that the exhaust has been modified with a drill. I want to cut it off just past the oxygen sensor and weld a 2" pipe to the header then I can make my adapter to one of several choices of muffler cans. My question : is the stock exhaust stainless steel or mild steel with a coating of some sort.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_0355.JPG
Then I cut up this rusty old exhaust pipe I found behind the shop and welded it to the head pipe. The individual headpipes are stainless but the collector is some hybrid carbon/stainless that standard wire feed welding wire is compatible with

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
IMG_0363.JPG
I had this muffler left over from my dualsport bike. I wanted to keep the stock pipe on it so I wouldn't scare the friendly forest creatures. That doesn't apply on the street though.
I spent a little time fixing all the little exhaust leaks because that stuff makes me crazy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_0365.JPG
And this is what it looks like. Just about zero cost for me and cleaned up clutter around the shop. I'd post a video but not sure how to. Basically sounds fairly quiet but you can actually hear the motor now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts