FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seem to be a lot of cheap ones out there online and a lot of expensive ones. I'm looking for advice on a good affordable Bluetooth set. Thank you,

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Sena 20s which probably isn't the most affordable option but the unit itself works great. My only real complaint is the speakers which I swapped for in-ear noise cancelling ones to eliminate the need for both the speakers and ear plugs. The speakers are really sub-par for a $200+ dollar unit. If you listen to any music with bass, you will be disappointed. However for 15 dollars and 15 minutes of your time, you can swap the speakers for decent headphones. Good luck, mate!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Sena 20s which probably isn't the most affordable option but the unit itself works great. My only real complaint is the speakers which I swapped for in-ear noise cancelling ones to eliminate the need for both the speakers and ear plugs. The speakers are really sub-par for a $200+ dollar unit. If you listen to any music with bass, you will be disappointed. However for 15 dollars and 15 minutes of your time, you can swap the speakers for decent headphones. Good luck, mate!
I agree, the speakers are sub par. What and how did you swap them out for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, the speakers are sub par. What and how did you swap them out for?
I just threw in some Sony in-ear headphones... Maybe like $12... They were cheap. :D

The main thing I was looking for was low profile headphones that didn't stick out too far. I didn't want them coming out while pulling my helmet on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've gotten the same feed back from everyone about the bluetooth sets for the helmets. I'm going to stick to my in ear head phones and I found a little bluetooth device that I can clip on my shirt/jacket and plug my headphones into. Thanks for the feed back!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just threw in some Sony in-ear headphones... Maybe like $12... They were cheap. :D

The main thing I was looking for was low profile headphones that didn't stick out too far. I didn't want them coming out while pulling my helmet on.
How did you attach / sync your sony headphones to the sena system?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No way! I have the Sena 10s. Is the 20s a major upgrade from the 10? Thanks for your reply ;)
I didn't own any of the previous models so I am not really able to speak on how much better the 20s is over the 10, but I can say that the reviews on the product noted major improvements to the speakers and the added benefits of connecting to Bluetooth units other than Sena. I can say, that it has been night and day difference since installing headphones.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
BT Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset 800M US Plug from ebay under $40 had it for 6 months, works and sound good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I didn't own any of the previous models so I am not really able to speak on how much better the 20s is over the 10, but I can say that the reviews on the product noted major improvements to the speakers and the added benefits of connecting to Bluetooth units other than Sena. I can say, that it has been night and day difference since installing headphones.
Thank you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Sena 10R. Works well for solo use. It's small, sleek, and blends in with my helmet well.

No way! I have the Sena 10s. Is the 20s a major upgrade from the 10? Thanks for your reply ;)
I believe you need to get a "Clamp Kit" to use headphones with the 10s.

The 20s is a large improvement over the 10s in almost every form, with the exception of speaker sound quality.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought the 20s for communication between my husband and I. Not only can I not pair my iphone to my 20s, I can't pair the 20s's either. I followed all instructions, updated the firmware, reset factory settings....nada! I'm bummed. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just bought the 20s for communication between my husband and I. Not only can I not pair my iphone to my 20s, I can't pair the 20s's either. I followed all instructions, updated the firmware, reset factory settings....nada! I'm bummed. Any thoughts?
Are you able to hear the test tone while connecting through the iPhone app?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts