FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a second hand FZ07 a few days ago... When buying it, it wouldn't start because of a dead battery. (However the display and other lights still turned on) There were no error codes or anything else wrong with it. I bought it (decided I would just replace the battery), bump started it, and rode it home (30 min ride). When I got home and turned it off, I wondered if I might have charged it enough for it to turn back on; I turned the key back to on (the display and all lights turned on) but the engine did not start, it didn't even try to start. That's when I noticed the error code "5d__12". I decided it might be the battery's problem.

Today I bought a new battery and installed it but the exact same problem occurs. I looked at the error code list and found: "Crankshaft position sensor: no normal signals are received from the crankshaft position sensor" I've taken off the side fairings and checked the wire to the sensor and there were no frays or anything as far as I could tell.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this error code, or has any ideas on how to fix. I've searched through pages of google results with no luck.

I might need to just take it into the dealer, hopefully I didn't buy something horrible :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi sOshi,

Did you get your bike running and find out what the problem is/was?
I'm currently having the same problem (sd-12) and my bike is with the Yamaha dealer and they tested the censor and it seems fine. They have tested a bunch of other things too, battery, ecu, fuses... but not luck. they are a little confused about what is going on.

I'm keen to hear if and how you fixed your bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sOshi,

Did you get your bike running and find out what the problem is/was?
I'm currently having the same problem (sd-12) and my bike is with the Yamaha dealer and they tested the censor and it seems fine. They have tested a bunch of other things too, battery, ecu, fuses... but not luck. they are a little confused about what is going on.

I'm keen to hear if and how you fixed your bike?

Hey,

So I ended up bringing it to my local Yamaha dealership who fixed it for me.
It wasn't a problem with the crankshaft position sensor, but rather a faulty starter relay.

They popped a new one on and she started up fine!

Best of luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts