FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner just a couple of weeks. Both FZ07's LeJeune Honda/Kawi/Suziki/Yamaha got in sold in 6 hours or so I got the first one a Liquid Graphite. I think they have sold a third one that just arrived before it got there. I am near the NC coast and we have a lot of swampy areas with twisty roads running all over so fun area for this nimble beast :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Texan1948 this is my return to street bikes after many years of only riding dirt. I had to get the dirt bike mentality out quick I was throwing the bike all over the place when turning lol this thing you just blink you eye and it will turn. Loving it so far very agile and feels real comfortable in the corners.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the oil and had everything looked over good. Recommend you keep check on the air pressure especially in the front. My son said one of the other bikes and mine had lost just a little pressure. Could be due to the air cooling down a little but I will be watching it for sure. Also as said in another thread the FZ09 filter is the same number/part so if the 07 is not listed yet they are the same :) Loving the ride!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Tire pressures will vary sometimes 4-6 psi from the morning temperatures to the afternoon temperatures. Say that you start out on a ride at 8:30 in the morning and temperature is 72 degrees. By afternoon, the temps go up to lower 90's. That's a 20 degree temperature difference and most likely will result in 3 or 4 psi difference (higher) tire pressure.

I deal with this on the track every single time I'm out there. I start off the morning with 22 psi in the rear Michelin Power Cup. At noon (lunchtime) I park the bike in the shade under my canopy and let it sit and let the tires cool down to ambient air temperatures. I always end up bleeding some air out of the tires....sometimes as much as 4 or 5 psi, depending on how much the ambient air temperature has gone up in that time period. This holds true for track/race tires as well as regular street tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True information, but I am referring to tire pressure check under very similar situations not much temp change and the bike in a climate controlled environment for 3-4 hours each time and a few as in just over three psi difference in the front only this added to another same bike with same results. Front might have a little seepage but maybe not "disclaimer might be due to slightly cooler weather" The rear had not changed at all on both bikes.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Ah, got cha! Check the valve core to make sure it is tight/very snug. Also, when I change a tire, after I pop the beads and then inflate the tire, I'll run the pressure up to about 50 psi....just to make sure that the tire is fully seated on the rim, then let air out of the tire until it's at the proper pressure. I don't know for sure if this helps, but it helps ease my mind that the tire is fully seated on the rim.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Doublethreat, We do many dirt bike tires and if the seepage persist we will take these off and clean everything to ensure no debris is present and reseal. I am diligent on tire pressure cause I am cheap lol don't like self imposed premature wear lol. We are about 8 degrees cooler in the last week until today so hoping no leaks just temp factor. I have some mix might spray that on tomorrow night and see Saturday morning if it bubbles anywhere. Not to concerned at the moment. My son will keep check and if any tech bulletins come out on anything on this bike I will share with the group.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts