FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll list the couple mods I've done first before I bore you with my story about how much trouble I had to go through to get my precious Hindle exhaust.

• OES Sliders. Front fork, frame and rear axle.
  • PowerBronze 270mm light tint windscreen.
  • Basic fender eliminator with led turn signals. (ebay user: creese1)
  • Full Hindle exhaust. Stainless Steel 12" Evolution Supersport.
So as a Canadian I like to support Canadian companies when I can, thus I wanted to get a Hindle when I bought my FZ-07. FYI Hindle is the only Canadian manufacturer of exhausts, for motorcycles anyway. My last bike ('06 ZX6R) also had a Hindle which was awesome, so why wouldn't I want to get another.

I bought the bike from one of the bigger dealerships in town who happened to also be a distributor for Hindle. Perfect! Asked my sales guy to get me a quote and gave him the two part numbers I needed for the manifold and muffler. He gets back to me and tells me the parts guy says Hindle are kind of a pain to order from so how about a Yoshimura or Akrapovic? Uhhh, no. Sales guy likes that I'm trying to support a Canadian company and agrees that it doesn't matter that they're difficult to order from. Customer is always right! Right? So we go over to parts and the guy agrees to call me back with a quote. A week later, no quote. I call and can't get the guy on the phone. So I email him and again don't get a reply. Seriously?

Ok no problem. They don't want a sale then I will take my business to another dealer. I find the other Hindle distributor in town and call them up. Apparently they can't get Hindle products in either! I know they are a distributor and should have asked why not but was so shocked I just said ok thanks anyway, bye. Pretty damn sad that I can't get my damn Canadian exhaust when I live in Canada!

But do I give up? Of course not. I email Hindle and tell them the trouble I've been having with their two distributors in Cowtown and ask where on earth I can go to get an exhaust! The nice customer sales lady apologizes for the trouble and after speaking with her managers they agree to sell to me direct. (Not their standard practice). And how about 15% off and free shipping as well for being such a loyal customer. Yes Please!

A week later I have the exhaust and have paid about $400 less than my original dealer wanted for the Yoshi or Akrapovic. I am one happy guy right now!

I knew this thing was going to be loud as I opted for the "Supersport" version and not the "Silenced" but HOLY CRAP this thing is loud. WOW! Almost too loud. I think people are shocked when they hear me coming and then they see this little white naked bike and not some sort of cruiser. I will post a video next week sometime once I have it properly siliconed. There is a tiny leak at the header but installation guide says to silicone everything so I'm going to do it all anyway.

I do have one issue maybe someone can help me out. I'm not sure how my oxygen sensor is supposed to plug in. Looking at the last picture you can see the hole for the sensor on the pipe, and the little adapter that came with the system. But the hole on the pipe is not threaded. It's some weird hexagon shape which is far too small right now even if it were threaded. The adapter will thread into the sensor either way, so I did it the way in the picture and then macgyver'd it onto the pipe with a hose clamp! Which you can see if you look closely at some of the other pics. Clearly not ideal. Really hoping I'm just an idiot and have missed something glaringly obvious.

IMG_0808.JPG IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0800.JPG o2sensor.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like from the last picture that the adapter is upside down on the sensor. If you flip it, does it screw into the header hole with the hex head pug removed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like from the last picture that the adapter is upside down on the sensor. If you flip it, does it screw into the header hole with the hex head pug removed?
haha yup, awesome. Guess I didn't know that a hex head pug was a thing and didn't try hard enough the other day to get it out. Fits together great now. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
haha yup, awesome. Guess I didn't know that a hex head pug was a thing and didn't try hard enough the other day to get it out. Fits together great now. Thanks a bunch.
So how much did you pay for the exhaust system and how can we get one?
modmaster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how much did you pay for the exhaust system and how can we get one?
modmaster
I ended up paying $775 Canadian (minus the discount they gave me). They must have a decent list of distributors because I got emailed 4 in my province alone, but there are not as many listed on their website.

http://www.hindle.com/distributors.html

This site is actually the only one that lists the FZ-07. The others have not updated their products to include the FZ-07 low mount (header) that you can then match with just about any muffler they sell.
http://www.dragrace.fi/product_info.php?products_id=17581

I was told they are working on a website store to sell direct which will be up in 3-6 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was given the list for southern Alberta, which is Blackfoot Motorcycle, GW Cycle World, Lethbridge Motorsports and Medicine Hat Motorsports. The first two in Calgary were not any help. Not sure about the other two but those are obviously even further away from you. If you email [email protected] they would be able to give you the list. That's what I did. I'm sure there's a couple in Edmonton and maybe Red Deer.

I'll see if I can do that video this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I'll list the couple mods I've done first before I bore you with my story about how much trouble I had to go through to get my precious Hindle exhaust.

So as a Canadian I like to support Canadian companies when I can, thus I wanted to get a Hindle when I bought my FZ-07. FYI Hindle is the only Canadian manufacturer of exhausts, for motorcycles anyway. My last bike ('06 ZX6R) also had a Hindle which was awesome, so why wouldn't I want to get another.

I bought the bike from one of the bigger dealerships in town who happened to also be a distributor for Hindle. Perfect! Asked my sales guy to get me a quote and gave him the two part numbers I needed for the manifold and muffler. He gets back to me and tells me the parts guy says Hindle are kind of a pain to order from so how about a Yoshimura or Akrapovic? Uhhh, no. Sales guy likes that I'm trying to support a Canadian company and agrees that it doesn't matter that they're difficult to order from. Customer is always right! Right? So we go over to parts and the guy agrees to call me back with a quote. A week later, no quote. I call and can't get the guy on the phone. So I email him and again don't get a reply. Seriously?

Ok no problem. They don't want a sale then I will take my business to another dealer. I find the other Hindle distributor in town and call them up. Apparently they can't get Hindle products in either! I know they are a distributor and should have asked why not but was so shocked I just said ok thanks anyway, bye. Pretty damn sad that I can't get my damn Canadian exhaust when I live in Canada!

But do I give up? Of course not. I email Hindle and tell them the trouble I've been having with their two distributors in Cowtown and ask where on earth I can go to get an exhaust! The nice customer sales lady apologizes for the trouble and after speaking with her managers they agree to sell to me direct. (Not their standard practice). And how about 15% off and free shipping as well for being such a loyal customer. Yes Please!

A week later I have the exhaust and have paid about $400 less than my original dealer wanted for the Yoshi or Akrapovic. I am one happy guy right now!

I knew this thing was going to be loud as I opted for the "Supersport" version and not the "Silenced" but HOLY CRAP this thing is loud. WOW! Almost too loud. I think people are shocked when they hear me coming and then they see this little white naked bike and not some sort of cruiser. I will post a video next week sometime once I have it properly siliconed. There is a tiny leak at the header but installation guide says to silicone everything so I'm going to do it all anyway.

I do have one issue maybe someone can help me out. I'm not sure how my oxygen sensor is supposed to plug in. Looking at the last picture you can see the hole for the sensor on the pipe, and the little adapter that came with the system. But the hole on the pipe is not threaded. It's some weird hexagon shape which is far too small right now even if it were threaded. The adapter will thread into the sensor either way, so I did it the way in the picture and then macgyver'd it onto the pipe with a hose clamp! Which you can see if you look closely at some of the other pics. Clearly not ideal. Really hoping I'm just an idiot and have missed something glaringly obvious.

View attachment 503 View attachment 504 View attachment 505 View attachment 506 View attachment 507 View attachment 508

View attachment 503 View attachment 504 View attachment 505 View attachment 506 View attachment 507 View attachment 508
I was given the list for southern Alberta, which is Blackfoot Motorcycle, GW Cycle World, Lethbridge Motorsports and Medicine Hat Motorsports. The first two in Calgary were not any help. Not sure about the other two but those are obviously even further away from you. If you email [email protected] they would be able to give you the list. That's what I did. I'm sure there's a couple in Edmonton and maybe Red Deer.

I'll see if I can do that video this weekend.

Any Canadian riders out there that can help me find a fender eliminator kit that will fit our plate? I order a Yoshimura kit and was about to install it before I realized that our plates are one inch longer than a standard size U.S. plate! What are you guys using?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any Canadian riders out there that can help me find a fender eliminator kit that will fit our plate? I order a Yoshimura kit and was about to install it before I realized that our plates are one inch longer than a standard size U.S. plate! What are you guys using?
Thanks!
This is what I have. Nice and simple. Fits a wide variety of plate sizes. I think he sells it by itself or with turn signals if you look through his other auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331315363435?item=331315363435&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, finally got a video done. This was actually my second attempt as the first one the camera I used must have had a mono microphone or something and it sounded awful. Even still this was only marginally better. Unfortunately I live on a busy road that's also across the street from a community center / playground and I don't like being that guy revving his obnoxiously loud bike, so it's not easy to just go do a video.

Should give you an idea anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow Fevr. That is pretty loud. Is that with the silencer installed in it? Thanks for taking the time to post it for the rest of us. I have the creese1 kit on my bike and I am very happy with it. I guess I'm an oddball because I reused my stock turn signals. I happen to like them and I feel they can be seen easier than a lot of those LED ones that everyone's so crazy about. To each his own. I really like the looks of your exhaust system.
modmaster

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Yeah that's without the silencer. I couldn't find a silencer you could put in this exhaust, I think you would just have to buy the silenced version of the muffler.

I agree with you on the turn signals, well partially. I put the creese ones on the back as I like the led minimal look but left the fronts as I thought the stock were more visible and I am more worried about someone turning in front of me than anything happening from behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts