FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just a weekend rider I just have a permit so I cant just go out and ride.
I have about 800 miles on it since july 1st, runs great and im opening it up a lot more since its broken-in.
anyone up to 2000 miles yet any problem like bolts loosening up, tires wearing ect ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have about 650 in the same time period. I've noticed the chain needs tightened (it's 1/2" too loose) so that's my next project. Seems to be a common issue on this model.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmm... You guys make me feel excessive. I just hit 425 today and have only had the bike since Aug 17th... Then again I'm a new rider and have been hitting the roads daily to get my learn on. At least an hour a day. And it helps the weathers been holding out nice around here. If I keep it up I could easily hit the 2000 mark in two months.

I tightened the chain up after 200 miles. I also had about a 1/2 inch slack. I'm going to check it again tomorrow since I'll be doing the rim tape anyways. But aside from that and the battery cable issue (dealer related) that I'm sure most people have read about, I haven't had any issues. Looking forward to my first service and getting the DSC out of the way so I can really see how she feels on the open road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
6000 kilometers now and counting, got my ride on 13th June. Friday LOL
Problems.. stalling when clutch is pulled in.
Not only when starting to move but also at turn on 2nd gear, if clutch pulled fully in. i know shouldnt do it and not doing so normally but once did and engine died rightaway.
some stalling when pulling on 1st from traffic lights too.
loose chain during brakein period. nothing else.
OEM sliders installed, sporty OEM screen coming next week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've had mine since August 12th, and put approximately 650 miles. I just changed the oil a couple of days ago, and I had to tighten the chain in the first days of purchasing it. I ride whenever I get a chance - it can be difficult to find time with a toddler at home. (I look forward to the day she can ride with my husband and I!) It definitely teaches patience owning a brand new bike; having to wait for aftermarket products to be made, and also waiting on the break in. Planning on an three day, 600+ mile, ride in October; that should really push me on my way towards the break in.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know you have to change your oil and tighten the chain that's just basic up keep. im talking the engine bolt got loose something like that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought my bike August 5th and now have 1338 miles on it. The chain does need adjusting after the first couple hundred miles. I adjusted it then and have not needed to do so after that. Best to err on the side of a little loose than have the chain too tight and screw up the sprockets and all. I'm really liking the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my bike August 5th and now have 1338 miles on it. The chain does need adjusting after the first couple hundred miles. I adjusted it then and have not needed to do so after that. Best to err on the side of a little loose than have the chain too tight and screw up the sprockets and all. I'm really liking the bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had the bike for 2 weeks as of today and I believe I rolled past 670 miles last night. If I hadn't been away from it on Labor Day weekend, I'm sure I'd have already gone well past 1,000 miles. I've got this coming Fri-Sun off though... I'll get it done then, I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cant believe I got 1400 miles on it, still never had a problem:).

·
Registered
207 Posts
3250 miles since july and a lot more coming i ride it everyday to work i do about 70 miles a day sometime more and love every miles been putting on it lol. Tire wheres are fine i should have another 2000 at least to go before i need tires regular riding no burn out or stupid shit like that some wheelies here and there but that's it, no lose bolt if you did a 600 service to check and tighten them all, no engine problem, no electrical problem, brakes still work fine if not better than brand new, shifting is a lot smoother too once the transmision is wore in.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts