FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first bike when I was 15. An older friend had his up for sale so he could start college. The bug bit me pretty hard and I knew I just had to have it so I asked my dad if I could get a bike. He said yes, but there was a slight hitch, I had to get a job. I got one real quick and bought the bike. My dad got it registered and licensed and I rode it the first year without a driver's license. Since that year, I've always owned a bike and been a licensed rider. I pretty much hope I get to kick the bucket on board, not after I've lost the ability to enjoy life. This will be my 52nd year on the road. How many years does everyone else have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got started in this late in life. Bought my first bike at age 46, Suzuki DRZ400. Rode the first half of the Trans America Trail last August on it. So I've been licensed for 4 years. Picked up a 2016 FZ-07 last month. Fun bike.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Going on 45 years.....I started in 1971. I've rode dirty bikes, trail riding/enduros/hill climbing, campaigned a drag bike for a summer, street bikes, 4 wheelers, and now, for the last 10 years, I've been doing track days and am involved with Sportbike Track Time as a Lead Instructor in the Southern Region.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Lots of age and experience on here it looks like........that is a good thing for sure.

Reactions: 2X65MPH

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had dirt bikes since the age of 10, but I didn't get licensed and on the street until I was 21 so about 10 years on the road now for me. This FZ-07 is easily the most fun street bike I have ever owned.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, you're on the way to a great time. Be careful, pay attention, remember you're a small fish in a big sea of 2000 plus pound missiles on the same roads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I learned how to ride a dirt bike before i learned how to ride a bicycle. But i just took the steps to get my M1, so far i only have my permit which feels weird since i'm 30 and i'm restricted from freeways and riding at night lol. i went looking for a street bike, uncertain of what i wanted. but the FZ-07 felt so comfortable for me, i think because it feels similar to a dirt bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been riding since 2002 so ~14 years. Started with a 250 Ninja, moved to an R1, came back down to an R6S and now my FZ-07.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going on 5... months now lol. 2016 FZ was my first bike brand new with 0 miles. Almost at 5000 miles now and loving every minute of it.

I was a little sketched out at first but FZ is very forgiving in terms of predictability and handling. I recommend it to any new serious rider who is willing to skip a 250 or 300 but not quite sure about the liter bikes or other super sports.

Plenty of power for me, I don't see myself outgrowing it any time soon : D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im 39 y/o , learned to ride with 35, got my first bike last summer (a crappy 2001 Ninja EX500), and then sold it at the beginning of 2016 to get into my FZ 07. So , technically I only have 2 seasons of riding on my back lol. I should have started loooong time ago lol. Motorcycling is more expensive than therapy, certainly, but its a whole lot more fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Riding since 1987 licensed in 1991 the state did not require an endorsement when I 1st started riding or insurance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quarter century for me. Started riding in Japan when I was stationed there back in 1991.

Those years sure go by quickly. Guess I've been having fun. Looking forward to riding 25 more!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts