FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any knowledge on tuning the suspension on this bike.
im 200lb. I see the back shock is got an adjustment any idea where it should be set also the fork is there a way to stiffen them up a bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
try setting it to 5 or try to set it up all the way as the stiffest then ride and see how you feel then soften it as you like but try to ride it on the same road same area to test it out

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The very first place to start is to try, try being the operative word here, to set your loaded sag on the front and rear of the bike. Obviously, the front has NO adjustments, so the only way to change the loaded sag up there is to get into the forks and "adjust" the spacer that is on top of the springs....by either shortening it (if the front is too stiff) of putting in a heavier set of springs if the front is too soft.

The rear has an adjustable preload for the shock. Loaded say is a personal preference for most folks. I like a bike's suspension setup to be a bit on the stiff side but for many, and a good place to start is to adjust the rear shock, either increasing the adjustment collar or decreasing the adjustment collar until you have 33-35mm of sag when you are sitting on the bike with all of your riding gear on.

There are numerous articles on the internet about how to check sag on a motorcycle and it usually involves yourself and a couple of helpers...to take measurements and hold the bike while you sit on it.

Front sag, if you decide to tackle that job, a good starting place for an "average" setup is 38 to 40mm of loaded sag, but as I said, that one is going to be more difficult as there are no adjusters to turn.

Reactions: NickJ

·
Registered
88 Posts
I move mine up one notch to make it stiffer. It was set on 3. I did notice a difference. Saturday I made a 300 mile ride and I think the bike is more in tune for my weight of 210 at the new setting.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
thanks doublethreat I had to set my shock spring to the highest setting to get a sag less than 35mm.
seems to be a nicer feel to the bike the back was very mushy before.

to see how much sag you have you measure the distance from the center axel to the bottem of the F on the fender were the fz-07 stick is. now hold the bike up and take all the slack out of the suspension now measure it. next you measure ithe distance with you on the bike use a wall to balance yourself and measure the distance again to the bottom of the F again. the difference between the two measurements should be 33mm to 35mm. hope this help you all out works great for me .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts