FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed this? It's a high frequency metallic jingle sound, like a metal clip or loose washers that is ringing all the time. It changes momentarily when I hit a bump and it gets louder at certain engine revs, a bit like keys on a key ring but a higher frequency (no I don't have keys in the ignition, just the one bike key). I usually notice it a lower speeds when I ride past something that reflects the sound back my way. I think it is from the left side of the bike. I looked at the shift linkage and the front sprocket but can't find anything that would cause this sound.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i heard it on the beginning then it kind of went away but this weekend at my 600 miles service i will mention it to the dealer and see if the find anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Noticing this sound as well on mine. Will check the washer on the shifter shaft. I've yet to do the 600 mile service so maybe there is something the dealer does at that point to fix it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found the source of the noise on my bike. It was a caused by a loose washer on the sifter shaft behind an E-clip. Easy fix with some grease.
I get that sound, I thought it was possibly loose chain... Took it to a shop to tighten the chain & it helped, but didn't eliminate the problem... It sounds like it's coming from the rear sprocket on the swingarm.

Where exactly is the shifter shaft?
I hate that noise & want it fixed...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the source of the noise on my bike. It was a caused by a loose washer on the sifter shaft behind an E-clip. Easy fix with some grease.
Im having the same problem as well. Are you able to take pictures of the loose washer? Thanks!

Noticing this sound as well on mine. Will check the washer on the shifter shaft. I've yet to do the 600 mile service so maybe there is something the dealer does at that point to fix it.
Any update on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having this sound too, I took it to a shop, they said this is the normal problem on MT07 / 09. it will be better if you change other good chain. such as d.i.d chain

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too hear this sound on my FZ. Thought it was keys at first, but know it's coming from the bike. I hear the sound at lower speeds as the wind noise is less. I will check for any loose washers etc in the morning.

Update: so rolling at 30-45mph standing on my pegs above my windscreen, I open and close the throttle.. I believe the sound we're describing is air rushing into the air intakes. Mysterious sound solved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are a genious.
I've registered jus to say that :)

I've had the jingling sound from the beggining and it was driving me nuts.
Lately after I cleaned the bike it got even worse.
Now it's gone. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are a genious.
I've registered jus to say that :)

I've had the jingling sound from the beggining and it was driving me nuts.
Lately after I cleaned the bike it got even worse.
Now it's gone. Thanks!
I also have this "jingling" sound on my brand new FZ-07, and is this the washer we're all talking about? (Circled on Image)
And if so, how do I go about removing this jingling? Do I tighten it somehow? Change it to a wider washer?
Washer.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have this "jingling" sound on my brand new FZ-07, and is this the washer we're all talking about? (Circled on Image)
And if so, how do I go about removing this jingling? Do I tighten it somehow? Change it to a wider washer?
View attachment 1649
Try to lubricate it with something to see if it changes anything.
Initially I was ecstatic thinking this was it, but then it turned out it wasn't.

I had my first service done yesterday. I asked them specifically to see if there is anything that could rattle.
Not sure if they did anything because they also removed the db-killer from my Akra and now I can't hear anything over the exhaust...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try to lubricate it with something to see if it changes anything.
Initially I was ecstatic thinking this was it, but then it turned out it wasn't.

I had my first service done yesterday. I asked them specifically to see if there is anything that could rattle.
Not sure if they did anything because they also removed the db-killer from my Akra and now I can't hear anything over the exhaust...
Only thing I've got is WD-40, is that good enough?
Im having my Akra Carbon installed in about 2 weeks, so hopefully that will help. I usually ride with earplugs and I dont really hear it, but without them.. man its the ONLY thing I can hear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah so i heard it today on my first long ride,,brand new bike under 150 miles ,,im like ,,GREAT,,, theres that noise i read about,,sounds like coming around shifter area ,,but it went away and never heard it again,,but it was annoying,rode 350 miles today ,hope it dont come back

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hear all kinds of things, sometimes I answer back others I ignore.
Wait,, oh crap we are talking about bike sounds.

The FZ is a very quiet bike. You are going to pick up on a lot of sounds ticking, vibration etc. The bike feels like a V-twin and depending on what gear you are in and how slow you are going rolling the throttle on your going to hear all kinds of things. Roll it on in 5th doing 30 and listen then 6th

The more the chug the more the vibration. On the other hand, because of the cross-plane crank, if your buzzin the bike at higher rpm, you will get myriad of noises. Its the way it is, you will know if something is not right...... In stock form the bike is best ridden between 3500 and 5k another words short shift it and have some torque fun

Brand new bikes with 500 miles or more should consider a oil change. The viscosity breaks down starting at 800 miles in most standard oils, yamalube is no different, the oil thins and heats up allowing for engine ticking to be more apparent. Personally I use AMSOIL 10/40 metric, it meets and exceeds manufactures requirements and even under race condition the oil stands up the shear, viscosity breakdown and is one damn great oil

1 - 18 of 18 Posts