FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I am new here with a ‘17 fz07.

Would love to know what mods you have done to you bike and which ones you have seen or would recomment.

Two top ones I would love to do is paint/powder coat the wheels and find a good looking windshield that works better than stock.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get an ECU flash from 2wheeldynoworks.com. Smooths out the throttle response tremendously. If you later change your exhaust (louder = safer some say) they will redo the flash for no extra charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking to start with axel/frame sliders and upgrade to LED headlights.

What do people recommend for these things?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What I did was replace all the lights and fender delete. Led headlights and turn signals. Makes the bike much better looking. Frame sliders next, and then maybe I'll just decat my stock exhaust for a little more noise. That's all I'm going to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 glacier blue, The first thing I did was a fender eliminator because I hated the fender, it ruins the look for me, same thing with the ugly OEM blinkers, I put LEDs front and back.

I put a black grille radiator cover, looks nice since once again the front of the rad ain't too pretty IMO, it offers extra protection and hides my slightly dented radiator front. I had to remove my blue aluminum side covers for the grille to fit, but it was worth it IMO.

Bar end mirrors, similarly shaped as the OEM ones but smaller and I put them down and out, so they are lower and outside of my hands, I see surprisingly well with them, they give the handlebars that low profile look I love because let's be honest here, I hated the look of the original ones and I didn't see well with them, I mostly saw my shoulders and elbows and a bit of road.

Adjustable shorty levers, blue anodized aluminum, they look nice and I like the feel much better than the boring original ones.

Blue reflective tape, on wheels, swing arm, front fender, around the plate and on the sides of the rear. I like the look very much in the day but in the night it's even better, not to mention I like to be as visible as I can be for safety reasons, which is one of the reasons I put on reflective mohawk strips on my bike and helmet, which gives me that unique look, love it or hate it but when you see me, you know it's me.

I put on a Fastpack bag on the rear seat, I hate the look of bags on my bike but this one totally retracts so it looks stealthy, almost like you didn't have a bag when it's empty and a passenger can sit on it too.

Coolant reservoir cover, black aluminum with 07 design and so blue.

Removed the passenger foot rests as I am not legally allowed to have a passenger until next year, looks more naked which is what I am looking for.

PICS

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg FZ-07 Flash 1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let me see if I can remember them all
OES axle sliders
Trex frame sliders and case covers
Yoshimura fender eliminator
Radiator guard
Puig wind screen
I have ordered but not yet received the FTECU stuff to tune the bike