I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like taking my eyes of the road to see the instruments. Today I finally did something about it. The problem came down to finding a location that would look right and not foul access to the ignition key. After looking into relocating the ignition (and living without a steering lock) I decided against moving the key switch because of the tamper resistant mounting bolts would need to be cut and the lack of wire available in the wire harness. After my Givi windshield arrived I started designing, I wanted to keep everything tucked under it. Using a cardboard template I made a mounting bracket to relocate the instruments, Yamaha provided lots of wire on the harness for this. After cutting, drilling and taping the cardboard template and checking the windshield for clearance I found that I could see the ignition key but not reach it. So... I modified my key to reach down there! The black plastic part of the key pulls off easily and then a nut and bold and some epoxy are used to attache it to the aluminum arm. It is a bit of a trick to get the key in and out but turning the key is now very easy.