FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everybody.
My name is Jose, Im from NJ.
I literally just got my 2016 FZ07 today and so far i love this bike. This is my first bike, I havent ridden in more than 10 years but it all came back.

Just came here looking for some pointers, tips, tricks, friends and possibly riding buddies.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Jose !

Another Jose here, from Calgary-Canada (se habla español)

Bike is awesome for city riding and also for medium distance trips, no back or wrist pain or discomfort whatsoever, except for the stock seat. If you´re planning to do longer trips, I would recommend you to get the comfort seat from Yamaha. Here in Canada distances are very long, so a plush seat is a must.

I dont have a windscreen, and I dont think I will ever get one. I dont think it will do much of a difference, and I woudnt like to change the looks of the bike anyways. Incoming winds are tolerable for me. Ive pushed my bike to 140 km/h (some 90 ml/h I believe) withouth any problems, the bike pushes hard and still got plenty of power to go faster if thats what I wanted.

The front suspension is a bit soft, so careful with potholes or bridge joints when riding at high speeds.

hoping to hear about your experience with the bike!
Saludos

Jose Z.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jose whats up man, I do speak Spanish but it's not the best....lol
So since Friday when i got it i have already tagged on 160+ miles on to her already. She is fun and easy as hell to ride now i just need some riding buddies.
I think i'm going to end up getting a wind screen for it just because if i do commute with her the wind will be crazy at 70+mph. But so far man i don't regret getting her a single bit. Mom isn't so happy about it but i've always wanted a bike and now that i'm older, established in my career i figured hey why not. Im no longer a kid with something to prove i'm an adult who just wants to ride.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wind isn't that bad on freeways. I occasionally commute to work, 15 miles one way, and I don't really have any problems with the wind. Headwinds can be annoying but nothing a little tucking in tight can't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts