FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was my first "group ride"...ever. It was actually with my good buddy who is kindly introducing me to the world of motorcycling.

The route was a 12-mile scenic route through River Road, along the Sacramento River, from the town of Hood, south to the town of Walnut Grove (where we stopped for pizza), then 20 miles back through Road 160, on the west bank of the river, all the way to Freeport. Then back to our homes, south through Road 5, where we really opened it up!

It was my first real-world ride and quite an experience. Since it is my first motorcycle, I don't have any points for comparison, but it was easy for me. The view of the river is fantastic. I will definitely buy a sports camera for future rides. Next weekend we are doing the same ride, but all the way to the Bay Area and back.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
not really a group ride but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun:)
when i ride in a group its like 4-5 bikes but whats sucks for me there all on H-D and a 3 wheel can- am .
i see your buddy wears hi-viz smart man. hope your not all decked out in black.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice! Reminds me of my rides. I'm often out with two other guys on mid sized sport bikes just exploring shit, looking for twisties and good restaurants. I can seriously live for those days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice! This is my fz and my buddie's ninja 650, same color scheme, i find they look cool on the road together.
IMG_20150725_194522.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't ridden it but before getting the FZ I was considering getting the naked version of his bike (er6n) and did a lot of research before settling on the FZ. They're similar sized bikes minus the fairings. The FZ is around 50lbs lighter than the er6n if I remember right. We may have (allegedly) raced each other and the FZ is a little quicker off the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts