FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently traded my Rebel 300 for a FZ-07.
I have a few questions about the bike that I can't get clear answers on, maybe someone can help?

Keep in mind, it only has 150 miles on it.

Starting the bike, in first gear, clutch all the way in, the bike lurches forwards a little.

On that note, the friction zone is VERY short, and at the vert end of the clutch lever release. That seems standard for this bike, but mixed with the previous concern...well, I'm mystified. Is it possible that it's just part of break in?

I just got a torque wrench and adjusted the chain, it had about 3" of play. I cleaned and lubed the chain, and took it for a test ride through the neighborhood, low speeds. I usually ride with a helmet, I skipped it this time, and noticed the chain is kinda noisy, esp if coasting with the clutch in. Is that normal? Related to my other concerns?

It seems like the clutch doesnt disengage all the way.
Even with the bike off, in first, clutch in, I can barely move the bike. Put it in N, no problem.

Thanks in advance, fellas

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have around 1800 miles on my bike now. At first my clutch was on or off but now it certainly is much smoother. My gear selection was very clunky at first too but now it's very direct but smooth. I just adjusted my chain and it had about 3" of play just like yours. After adjusting the chain, my chain slap went away.

So pointing to break-in is probably the cause for your problem. If it bothers you, you could always bring it in to the dealer to check.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Clutch plates will tend to stick together in a cold engine. So long as the bike doesn't try to motor off without you, a lurch when you drop into gear isn't that unusual. Annoying, perhaps, but not unusual. If it bothers you that much, engage first gear and rock the bike back and forth a few times against the clutch....that should free them up again.

Neil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts