FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm a first time rider living in CT and of course, the FZ (in Rapid Red) is my first bike. It was the first bike I saw in a google ad when I tried to search for used bikes. I fell in love with the style at first sight and couldn't talk myself on to anything else despite weeks of trying. I picked it up yesterday and spent hours doing laps in the local high school parking lot. Gonna spend a few more there today before I head out on to the road, wish me luck. Safe riding to you all and I'm looking forward to future conversation as this community develops.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I didn't love this too much. Fortunately I was still in the parking lot when it happened. My friend was running me through some drills when the bike cycled power. I was going slow so it just jerked to a stop. My friend told me to get off the bike because my seats on fire. So when I did, sure enough a nice puff smoke was coming out of the seat. It looks like the positive terminal arced through the insulation to the battery bracket that runs across the chassis. I'll start a new thread later and post some more pics to keep everyone updated. But I suggest that everyone pull their seat and check their terminals. Doing this on my phone sucks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There was a recall on the positive battery cable. I got my recall notice in either December 2104 or Jan 2015 and had it done at Parker Yamaha in Parker AZ. Only took them a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts