FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this 07 a few days ago. I call it "The Goblin" cause it kinda looks like a Goblin to me. Maybe a Goblin should be green? But who cares? Anyway, I love this bike! Because of some back trouble I decided to get something lighter than my 1250 Suzuki Bandit and haul it to the areas I like to ride in NC & TN, some in GA. I wanted something comfortable, fast and most importantly....fun. I read Blake Conner's article on the bike in Cycle World and that sealed the deal. I had read only good reviews. Some say the suspension is a bit squishy but I cranked up the rear preload to position 5 and it's perfect for me. If I did a track day I might want to put stiffer front springs in it but really the stock set up works great for me on the street. This bike will turn mild mannered people into total Hooligan's in a heart beat.

I started riding at age 7 on a 1970 Honda Z-50 Mini Trail. From 1983 to 2000 I took a hiatus from motorcycling riding very little then in 2000 got back into them big time. I tend to go for comfortable, quick and good handling motorcycles though I've owned a ZX-9 and a Hayabusa, a couple of cruisers and everything in between. I really think Yamaha will sell a ton of these FZ-07's. I wonder how long the introductory price will remain what it is? I wish it had traction control and an ABS option would be nice. Best wishes to everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new FZ07. Neither T.C. or ABS would allow for the bike to be as reasonably prices as it is......but you probably already knew that!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is me riding The Dragon. My favorite road though is the Cherohala Skyway. I don't spend a lot of time on The Dragon. Can't wait to take the Goblin to these roads.
DAV_3325.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts