FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2014 MT-07 and enjoying every minute of riding the bike. I'm going to Austria for 2 weeks on the bike riding from the UK. Would anyone suggest any modifications to help make the ride that extra more enjoyable ? I have a Yamaha Sports Screen and the Aproved Yamaha Akrapovix Exhaust with the baffle out !

I was thinking about editing the front suspension, under braking I think it's a bit soft, any ideas ? Also maybe adding a steering damper ?

If you have any suggestions let me know, I need ideas so I can have some tinkering time with the bike

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yamaha offers a comfort seat, softer than the factory one. Maybe you´d like to take a look a it? Enjoy your trip and ride safe!

Cheers from Calgary-Canada

·
Registered
15 Posts
Generally the suspension is lacking on the FZ/MT-07… if you weight more than 150 lbs. The fork is under-sprung and a damper rod type, whereas the shock is over-sprung and under-damped. However the forks need more attention, with higher rate springs (for your weight), thicker fork fluid, or some type of fork kit (damper or switch to cartridge).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts