FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The CB300F may look similar, but that's about it......I dont think anyone looking at an FZ-07 will have any interest in the 300

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like a variety of bikes, unique bikes, especially lighter-weight bikes with low seat heights. Someone might be looking for a commuter and these 300s should make outstanding commuters and get 70 mpg or so. A lot of women gravitate toward smaller bikes with low seat heights too.

There is one drawback. I think these new 300s will have the same 600-mile valve check since they'll have the same engine as the 250r which has this crazy 600-mile valve check. Seems odd unless Honda doesn't take the care needed to assemble valves cause most bikes with bucket and shims have the first valve check no sooner than 7500 miles. The FZ-07 first valve check is at 26,600 miles. Valves as you know on many bikes are a hassle since you have to take off a bunch of stuff just to get to the valves. Someone interested in this bike might try including the first service in the out the door price of the bike. Otherwise, that 600-mile service is going to cost $400+.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts