FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any riders in the NYC area looking to ride together or talk about 07 modifications?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
:( I guess im the only one close to you in upstate n.y. but were to far

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any riders in the NYC area looking to ride together or talk about 07 modifications?
Im picking mine up in a few weeks for next season or any other chances i get to ride. Where is the best dealer in ny? as far as service and just overall? im in bklyn and been to metuchen nj and prospect cycles on coney island ave.

I just want to change the rear signals and tag kit which i found but i want to change the front blinkers also. any links? Also are you happy with the 07?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in Jersey City. I have been riding with some guys in NJ, but none of them have FZ 07. Would love to meet, go for a ride, and have a beer with some guys on FZ/MT 07s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brooklyn here. New rider. I just took the MSF class and started riding this week. I stall out at least two times everyday. I got a bike so I can commute to work in Midtown. I don't know what I was thinking. 5 mph stop and go rush hour traffic really makes you learn the friction zone. And I'm not splitting lanes with cars yet because I'm not that comfortable. lol

Midtown Manhattan is probably the scariest place to ride a bike. The taxis are insane. The maneuvers they make put the FZ-07 to shame. Besides the taxis, I have to dodge pedestrians and potholes all at the same time. Sounds like that show 1,000 ways to die. Going over the Brooklyn Bridge with the bike is pretty cool. The shame of owning a bike in NYC is that the streets are terrible and you can never really open up the throttle.

Anyway, I absolutely love the bike. I fell in love with it the second I saw it. It was definitely an emotional decision. lol. I started with a 600cc+ bike because I'm 305 lbs and when i took MSF class, the 250cc was a joke. The Yamaha still feels pretty damn fast though.

So nice to meet you all. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other on the street and go riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts