FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has Plastidipped there plastics? I just received my new 2016 today in Black and want to protect the plastics so I'm planning on dipping my tank covers and front mudguard with a flat black base Coat (3 coats) and then 4-5 coats of Blue sapphire pearl. Will post pick when it's done but would be interested in seeing any other bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently played around with plasti dipping some parts on my bike. Sounds like you've done your research about making sure to do multiple light and even coats. The only problem I ran into was a real bummer. When mounting the parts back on the bike the screws make contact with the plasti dip in the recessed areas, so when you turn them the last few rotations the back of the screw rotates the plasti dip as well and it bubbles up. Since it dries as one big sheet of plastic it's bubbles up in the recesses and peels outward. Your going to have to tape off the areas where the mounting hardware will make contact.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently played around with plasti dipping some parts on my bike. Sounds like you've done your research about making sure to do multiple light and even coats. The only problem I ran into was a real bummer. When mounting the parts back on the bike the screws make contact with the plasti dip in the recessed areas, so when you turn them the last few rotations the back of the screw rotates the plasti dip as well and it bubbles up. Since it dries as one big sheet of plastic it's bubbles up in the recesses and peels outward. Your going to have to tape off the areas where the mounting hardware will make contact.
That's a great tip, I never thought of that...thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts