FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's getting colder each day here in NY and I plan on riding until they start salting the roads.

To help keep my hands warm I've opted for hand guards (but I'm close to getting grip warmers) and was able to find a solution that would give me bar end type mirror.

I opted for the slightly cleaner looking "Star" model from Powermadd vs their "Sentinal" model.

COST -
$53.91 shipped for just the hand guards and moto mounting kit via Hurley Motorsports on eBay, which was the best deal I found. On Amazon I found an open box deal on the mirror kit for $16 shipped, usually it runs $20 - Hey, every dollar counts.

These mirrors are definitely tiny, but for the most part they do give usable visibility. The only thing I can't tell is if there's a cop coming up behind me.

I also ordered the larger mirror kit which I have yet to install, but the smaller mirrors definitely look nicer.

Having said that, it's not the best looking hand guard/bar end mirror setup, but functionality wise they do the job. My hands stayed warmer a bit longer at highway speeds and the bike is more streamlined without the stock mirrors.

To my surprise there is not much vibration even though it's just one mounting point. They do offer an additional hand wrap bracket connecting the hand guards to the bar ends.

Installation was easier than I thought. I moved both the clutch and brake levers over a bit to make room. I may shave off the part of the brake lever mount where the mirrors used to screw into so I can move the levers back out an extra centimeter.

I used some Nissan plastic clips from Lowe's to plug the empty screw mounts left by the original mirrors.

Final thoughts:
In my opinion the overall design work by PowerMadd is not great, but this product is also relatively cheap compared to similar products from other companies. These hand guards were also originally designed for dirt bikes and snowmobiles and it shows with it's style and visible bolt ends/nuts.

Yamaha did such a great job with the FZ-07 design and I feel these do not fully live up to those standards, but PowerMadd solved 2 issues I was having (cold hands and ugly mirrors) and I tend to lean more towards function vs form.

From the quick research I did, there aren't many options for bar-end type mirrors and hand guards. Combining the two in one product seems obvious to me and I was happy to find that PowerMadd had just the thing at a very low cost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's getting colder each day here in NY and I plan on riding until they start salting the roads.

To help keep my hands warm I've opted for hand guards (but I'm close to getting grip warmers) and was able to find a solution that would give me bar end type mirror.

I opted for the slightly cleaner looking "Star" model from Powermadd vs their "Sentinal" model.

COST -
$53.91 shipped for just the hand guards and moto mounting kit via Hurley Motorsports on eBay, which was the best deal I found. On Amazon I found an open box deal on the mirror kit for $16 shipped, usually it runs $20 - Hey, every dollar counts.

These mirrors are definitely tiny, but for the most part they do give usable visibility. The only thing I can't tell is if there's a cop coming up behind me.

I also ordered the larger mirror kit which I have yet to install, but the smaller mirrors definitely look nicer.

Having said that, it's not the best looking hand guard/bar end mirror setup, but functionality wise they do the job. My hands stayed warmer a bit longer at highway speeds and the bike is more streamlined without the stock mirrors.

To my surprise there is not much vibration even though it's just one mounting point. They do offer an additional hand wrap bracket connecting the hand guards to the bar ends.

Installation was easier than I thought. I moved both the clutch and brake levers over a bit to make room. I may shave off the part of the brake lever mount where the mirrors used to screw into so I can move the levers back out an extra centimeter.

I used some Nissan plastic clips from Lowe's to plug the empty screw mounts left by the original mirrors.

Final thoughts:
In my opinion the overall design work by PowerMadd is not great, but this product is also relatively cheap compared to similar products from other companies. These hand guards were also originally designed for dirt bikes and snowmobiles and it shows with it's style and visible bolt ends/nuts.

Yamaha did such a great job with the FZ-07 design and I feel these do not fully live up to those standards, but PowerMadd solved 2 issues I was having (cold hands and ugly mirrors) and I tend to lean more towards function vs form.

From the quick research I did, there aren't many options for bar-end type mirrors and hand guards. Combining the two in one product seems obvious to me and I was happy to find that PowerMadd had just the thing at a very low cost.
Dude awesome I am getting these btw I might of met you today I was the guy in the red fz 07 up in bear mountain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts