FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I am going to be purchasing the Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust for my bike. My question is do I NEED to get a power commander or fuel management system in general to run it on a stock bike? I have heard/read both yes and no. Some reviews that I've read say they put the exhaust on a stock bike and the fuel mixture is perfect. Others say that if you put an aftermarket exhaust on any bike that you should get a power commander or whatever else to compliment it.

I just want to know if it is required or if installing the new exhaust on a stock bike will be fine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lots of riders doing it either way, and it's still the same ol' answer:
It will have better throttle response with a fuel programmer, but the programmer isn't absolutely necessary to go out and ride the bike.
Typically, the exhaust pipe is viewed as the most important item, and the programmer is second.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i installed this exhaust and a power programmer is definatly on the menu next. I personally feel like the bike is a little more sluggish and this is with the dbkiller removed. it's basically just a cherry bomb style exhaust with out it and therefore has little to no back pressure. also i get i lot of back firing,

·
Registered
27 Posts
i run the akrapovich carbon and without the db killer it def makes the bike feel faster lol. no idea if it is, but it sounds like i am doing 200
without even leaving the garage hahaha. the backfiring when closing the throttle is pretty awesome, so are the ringing ears after a few hundred k's without earplugs..... so after a few months with just the open exhaust i am now running a pcv and it hardly ever backfires now..... with the correct tune and open flow air filter it feels much better when rolling on the gas now.... just that tad more refined and easier to control. sadly it has been raining for the last weeks and i didnt get a chance to properly take her through her paces to see if it made a difference to the performance with the pcv and open filter....but like i said..sounds fast ...:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run the TI Akra and just had the stock ECU flashed by one of the vendors on this site.

Runs excellent.

My FZ 07 being chased by a Duc 1100 Hypermoto as camera bike.

FWIW : I'm 64 years old and weigh 230 Lbs. o_O

You Tube:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts