FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always do a visual before tossing me leg over the bikes. Brakes, Blinkers, chain, tire etc etc. On inspecting the brake lights front is fine on off rear is driving me crazy and it is not sticking (Just getting that out there)

What happens, hit the rear brake LED on, then stays on. I have to adjust the switch bu unscrewing it then it goes out and works. Brake on brake off all ok, 8 hours later or so check again, brake on, wont go off, again I have to adjust the position n the switch to get the brake off.

My thought it the switch is not defective but the plastic threads/nut that is the adjuster is actually not holding the adjustment and turning do to vibration. I cannot prove this, but that is my theory. I will to test that remove the unit, add some teflon tape to the threads as this may tighten the grip of the plastic nut. One may argue defective, but I am hard pressed to believe that. the bike is brand new less than 2500 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have similar issue with my, thing is....... my takes quite a pressure to come on, when I adjust it to be on point then I feel like its so close to be on all the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having a similar issue as well. When I use my rear brake with enough pressure or on occasion, a little pressure, my brake light won’t turn off. I have to put my foot under the rear brake pedal and lift it a little and then it shuts off.
It’s super annoying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are several adjustments for the mechanical rear brake light .. switch and return spring system. My bike from dealer had too much brake pedal free travel .. I adjusted that the way I wanted it then the brake light was always on .. Adjust it some and then the brake light won't go on at all ..
I have thought about converting it to a pressure switch like cars and many motorcycles use..
I will again play around with the adjustments and try to get the brake pedal travell the way I want it and still have a brake light that goes on when it's supposed to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts