FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Mufflers and control modules are great, but what this bike really needs is a controlled rear shock.
The lack of rebound control is ludicrous. How can you go fast with out rebound control?

Who has the lead on an aftermarket shock, that will allow all of us to ride this beauty with out fear of being bucked?

Not to mention the front forks.....they need a cartridge retrofit. Fellow fz07 owners, it's not until this bike has proper suspension that its power potential can be fully utilized.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let us know when you have it mounted up.
which one did you order? I'm ordering the double adjust w/banjo hose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordered my Penske shock today - getting the double adjust. I also got hooked up with a Penske partner to provide my bike as a donor to develop a front fork retro improvement. This will take a bit to develop but will post results when finished. Will be sweet to have this bike with decent suspension front and rear.....then the bike can be ridden closer to its potential!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Cool - what model of rear shock? I dont see the FZ07 listed on the Ohlins website. Also the forks - lets us know the
details. My Penski rear is shipping out to me tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
http://www.andreanigroup.com/en-us/shop/products/catalogue/yamaha/mt-07/2014/default.aspx?annoCalendarioId=11465&categoriaId=&idC=61765&LN=en-US&marchioId=&marchioRepartoId=11249&modelloRepartoId=78330&q=&reparto=moto

at least they have rear suspension, front shocks and front full cartridge for europe.

bike went through complete transformation.
when braking the nose is not diving anymore.
when changing gear down with too high revs the back is not sliding so easily.
driving straight over bumps doesnt feel at all
acceleration feels faster through better grip and because the ride is smoother
even the artificial high places on street (how you call them, from metal sometimes - where schools are) can be ridden over on 60 kmh without any feeling.
and behavior in fast long corners is fantastic. smooth, stable, confident.

had only 4 Celsius on street and it was wet so i tested only 40 km today.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got everything else squared away over a month ago, but still looking for a rear shock,
preferably Ohlins, with rebound and compression adjustment, along with remote reservoir.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Were`d those forks come from? and how do they work out for you?
I just received my new Penski rear shock. Its very very sweet. I got the Dual adjust (rebound and high speed compression). Recommended the Penski.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts