FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not "safe" but the FZ-07 looks sick without it. Has anyone removed it and had any serious problems, i.e; getting pants or shoe laces caught in the chain or slinging chain lube up on the bike/rider? thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know it's not "safe" but the FZ-07 looks sick without it. Has anyone removed it and had any serious problems, i.e; getting pants or shoe laces caught in the chain or slinging chain lube up on the bike/rider? thanks in advance guys
I can tell you one thing, it could lead to a very nasty situation if you did get a pant leg or foot in between the chain and a sprocket or anything else for that matter. Look cool or not, it's a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The legs of my leather riding suit are inside the SIDI Vertigo Corsa boots that I wear......no pants legs and no shoe laces.....and you know what, the chain guard still ain't comin' off the bike. You are asking for big trouble removing it.

Guards are put in place for a reason. I worked with a guy that decided he could put a bigger grinding disc on his angle grinder, the only problem was, that the disc wouldn't fit on the grinder without removing the guard......so he did. A few minute into his little project, the Chinese make grinding disc exploded into a million pieces, one of which came back and hit him in the face/forehead and left a gash that required like 12 stitches. A couple of inches lower and good-bye right eye.

Guards are put in place for a reason!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts