FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought the bike (16) in feb and have got a little over 700 miles on it.

Seems like at times the bike is getting stuck in between gears. Have done no mods on bike except CRG short levers.

This last time when coming off the interstate, not only could the bike not find the gear, it was grinding both up and down. Had a moment of panic thinking I was going to have to limp the thing home, but after rolling through the red light in second the bike somehow reset itself.

Called the dealer I bought from and he sounded alarmed and said to bring it in and not to ride it any more.

They had the bike over the weekend and say that won't take it apart because they can't duplicate the issue. He chalked it up to my bad shifting, but, good grief, I would hope I am not such a moron.

Alas, the bike is home and I am still not sold that it's bad shifting on my part. One of the last times I rode before taking it to them I started it up and it made this made weird high pitch noise opposite the clutch side on the engine. Sounded like something small was loose and being spun around on the inside.

I want to love this bike, but right now I can't help but loose a little confidence.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Jon

So...no one has any idea what might be going on?

·
Registered
106 Posts
This happened to me once when I was holding the clutch in and repeatedly downshifting through the gears without releasing. I tried to reproduce the problem and it took about 20-30 tries but it did happen again and again it was when I would keep the clutch held in and downshift through all gears. Got rid of that bad habit and it has never happened again. Is that when it happened to you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
have you had your first servicing yet? after the first oil change, i think you'll find it shifts better than you've ever experienced so far.

fwiw,
marty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting. I haven't had any issue, but I do find the gearshift stiff and requiring a lot of effort. That and the God awful seat that puts me in a poor riding position, doesn't help my ability to shift. I was wondering if an oil change to a lighter synthetic might help?
Any thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts