FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found some online for 39 but im not sure if they will fit they say their for the 2014 mt07. does anybody know if theyll fit the 15 fz07? just want to be sure before i buy. what does everyone think shorter levers ? or standard ?

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I've got shorty levers on my track bike and on my street FZ09......I really like them and they look pretty cool too!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Its depend on what make you feel more comfortable but try not to go for the cheap levers sometimes they bind not a good situation lol. I got mine from crg you can shop and buy anything. The levers for a fz6r and the R1 levers actually fits this bike

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
is there any difference as in how far from the handle the shortys are?
Almost every aftermarket lever I've seen has adjustments on them so that you can vary the distance; lever to grip, for whatever works well for you.....small hands, large hands and hands in between.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got shorty levers on my track bike and on my street FZ09......I really like them and they look pretty cool too!
Where did you get yours? And are they difficult to install? I have small hands, and could really use a closer clutch and brake!

·
Registered
83 Posts
20140901_113645.jpg
20140901_113632.jpg
Got these short lever adjustable http://www.ebay.com/itm/251523820114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 took 9 days to get them which is not bad from Hong Kong,installation was pretty easy and the fit is perfect not bad for 24.00 dollars shipped will post pics if you guys are interested .(Update) Finally took bike out for a ride today to test new levers and I must say that made a big difference from stock especially the clutch since it wasn't adjustable there is no binding at all and fit is pretty good. The most important part is to grease them before installing somebody commented that chinese ones aren't good maybe got wrong set but the one I got fit perfectly if there was any binding I would not even taken bike for a test ride.I will post if any problems come up but so far I like them .

·
Registered
90 Posts
CRG had pretty high reviews, and are fairly popular. Figured they had a good reputation for a reason, and that they'd be a safe bet. I'll post install pics once I get them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah been using them for all my bike stay way from knock off from ebay sometimes those china made one are not perfectly shape and they might get stucks or grind. I had one of those before on my other bike i got the front brake stucks it was scary not a good experience. Pay the extra $80 or $90 extra and get a brand name who are tested and made for the bike. Remember is for your own safety

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally decided on some shortys.

http://www.madhornets.com/levers-set-shorty-standard-length-adjustable-foldable-yamaha-fz07-fz-07-mt07-2014-6-color-options/

They're not a "name brand", but they had great reviews.

These linked above are the more expensive ones, at $80 a set, since they have adjustable lenghts and foldable. They have $50 ones that do not have adjustable lenghts, but are foldable. They have $40 ones that have neither adjustable length or foldable.

I love them so far. We installed them in about ten minutes. They seem to be great quailty. They arrived in five days from China - which is an excellent time frame. They really did what I needed them to - which was bring them closer to my hand. I can two finger both the clutch and brake if I want. It also changes when the clutch engages which I love, because with the stock clutch it didn't engage until about 3/4 of the way out. Now, when I have the clutch set on the number 2 position it engages at about 1/4 of the way out. Here are a few pics...

collage_20141012163510161_20141012163521374.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts