FZ 07 Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there my moto family! I am on a quest to upgrading my chain and sprockets! I am thinking of going from our stock 16/43 to a 15/46 sprocket setup (cause we don't have enough acceleration as is :p) I was wondering if I will need more links in the chain from the stock 108. I have read that going -1 in front is like going +3 in back, so I figured that the 108 chain link would be adequate, yet on Vortex's website, they estimate you needing 110 links. On GearingCommander.com though, it states 108 will be what I need... I feel like the commander uses a lot more intricate math when giving me that figure. (with all the graphs and whatnot) Any professional or experienced advice would be much appreciated. With all this said, should I go with Vortex, Driven, RK, or DID for my chain? I feel like Vortex is going to be the crem-de-la-crem, but will it outlast the others significantly? Cause there is a HUGE price difference. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question... Why does it say on websites like Revzilla that a 525 pitch front sprocket will not fit, when that is what is stock... I need to make sure that the 525 kit will work on the 2016 FZ-07. Can anyone confirm whether or not a 525 kit will work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts