FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience mt 07 cold start problems? Cuz my bike over one night the next morning it got difficult to start... Need to on off the ignition switch for few times the bike only start.. Second problem is when the engine is hot time it got even worst to start... The bike just 50km only I really need some help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone experience mt 07 cold start problems? Cuz my bike over one night the next morning it got difficult to start... Need to on off the ignition switch for few times the bike only start.. Second problem is when the engine is hot time it got even worst to start... The bike just 50km only I really need some help
You might have a bad ignition switch but in any case, if it's new, I'd be taking it back to the dealer before I did anything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, if it's a battery problem I'd say I want a replacement. A new bike shouldn't have a battery problem for years. My last bike battery was over four years old before I had to replace it and I don't take it out of the bike during the winter months like most people do. If it's a Yuasa, which it probably is, there's no way it should be bad. Maybe a call to Yuasa may be helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I don't think is th battery problem because when I press on the start switch the starter spin really quick and strong. But anyway thanks for your help. *thumbs up*

·
Registered
41 Posts
It could be any number of a circuits in the starting system, including timing, fueling, even the ignition coils, but make the dealer get it fixed. The FZ07 is one of the easiest starting bikes I've had and any FI bike should start hot. cold, or anywhere in between. Don't put up with a hard starting machine.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
If your dealer is saying it's the battery, and the bike cranks at the "normal" speed, it's time to find a different dealer. Their service dept. or at least the tech. that worked on your bike is totally clueless.

Reactions: kevincheah21
1 - 7 of 7 Posts