FZ 07 Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm searching the web and all I find are tail bags the size of a hat box, I'm not touring the country on my bike I just need a little one for keys, sunglasses, phone, wallet, camera, riding gloves, ect. So I found a bicycle bag, that works great.

It had Velcro straps on the bottom to attach to handle bars.

After trimming the Velcro straps I unscrewed one side of the grab strap and slipped it on.

Looks good on the bike.

Is it grab n go? Yes and no, it takes a only a few seconds to undo from the bike and it has a carrying handle,
but reinstalling is about a 3 minute job as it requires unbolting the grab strap again to get the Velcro straps nice and tight.
I don't plan on removing it much so the handle is pretty much useless for me.
It's extremely water proof, I tried to wet it to remove some wrinkles, but the water just beaded off like crazy.

Yes you can remove the passenger seat without taking the bag off.

Reflective piping worked well, oddly enough, most of the motorcycle tail bags I looked at did not have this.

I easily fit my keys, wallet, camera, phone, sunglasses in their case, and riding gloves, with enough room left over for
either a deck of playing cards or a pack of cigarettes so I'm either gonna have to start smoking or playing poker,
one of the two.

Here's the clincher, it's 10 bucks.

They're at Wal-Mart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Stowaway-350-Handlebar-Bag-Black/36587930

·
Registered
8 Posts
Asked the husband for my V-day gift, Kriega 20-litre! Hopefully it arrives before the weekend. I'm certainly excited. Although it's one of the pricier bags available you can't argue with its utility; that's what ultimately sold me on it--seems like it can 'do it all'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Robert Greene, how do you suppose it should be mounted if you don't still have the whale tail on your bike?
Look at page 1 for the instructions. You'll see the case attaches to the rear seat. The kit comes with extra straps so use the ones on the front, I did that at first and it was plenty secure. As far as the rear straps, if you don't like how loose the rear is I'm sure you can figure something out. The case has 6 places on the bottom where you can add the extra straps, if theirs a do theirs a way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
very nice bag but for $39.99 shipped you can get a bag like mine.
View attachment 127 View attachment 128 View attachment 129 here some photos
you can see I slipped them through the back tail light arm and tucked the leftover strap in the bags small pouch in the back of the bag. and the other strap I just wrap it around the back of the fender. over 700 miles about 2 months never got loose.
could u send me the link for this bag? would really appreciate it thank you!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts