FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

What type of RAM Mount do you have? Reservoir? Fork stem? Mirror base? I'd like to avoid the U-bolt and Claw type mounts because they seem a little less secure to me (but if I'm totally wrong, I'd love to hear your experience.) Attach some pics!

I removed/discarded my stock mirrors, so I was thinking it'd be cool to use the remaining mirror mount somehow. Does anyone know the bolt specs for the stock mirror so I can find a matching bolt?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone,

What type of RAM Mount do you have? Reservoir? Fork stem? Mirror base? I'd like to avoid the U-bolt and Claw type mounts because they seem a little less secure to me (but if I'm totally wrong, I'd love to hear your experience.) Attach some pics!

I removed/discarded my stock mirrors, so I was thinking it'd be cool to use the remaining mirror mount somehow. Does anyone know the bolt specs for the stock mirror so I can find a matching bolt?
I have used the U-bolt style mount for my GPS now for four different bikes and never had a problem with any of them. I do take a piece of rubber from an old inner tube and wrap the bar first so it doesn't get scarred. Has worked like a champ for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts