FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
First off you guys have skill, butt... really stupid doing wheelies on crowded freeways with no gear on. This makes all motorcyclists look bad in the eyes of non motorcyclists, giving all of us a bad reputation. I like to wheelie too (although I'm not as good as you guys), but I keep it on backroads with no cars in sight, and when I do see a car I bring the wheel down immediately. Keep it up and you'll probably have a cop come to your door courtesy of someone's cell phone video, and confiscate you bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, cops can't confiscate your bike because someone said you did a wheelie. There is no way from them to prove you did it. Helmet covers your face. Unless they didn't have that on then that's just stupid.

But more importantly please don't wheelie in crowded roads for both your safety and the people around you.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Hooligoon.........you probably won't find much love on here showing videos of stunting on the street. I would be the first to admit that many of the stunters have great skills at doing what they do.......but to do that on public roads is a classic case of a bad example for the motorcycle industry and motorcyclist in general. Doing it with basically no gear is not the smartest thing to do either, but you guys are the ones that will have to suffer the consequences of the pain and surgery and skin grafts when you go down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not going to argue that stunting in the streets is risky. I'm wearing a vest but a jacket would be better, can't speak for the others. For the most part, we wait til there's clear road and try not to ride wheelies out to the redline. Practicing in the lots is good but it's only fun if you can do circles and technical stuff which takes a bit of dedication. I just posted here to get some subs for my channel.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
When I was in my early 20's, I might have even tried it myself, now I stick to twisty stuff on the road and lots and lots of trackdays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts