FZ 07 Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on ebay I see they got windshields for the mt-07 isn't that the same bike as the fz-07?

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I think most of the parts crossed over for the MT09 and FZ09, so it would stand to reason. Also, it would lighten their manufacturing processes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nick.. I really like the second one... Has anyone ordered it yet? I am wanting a GIVI box for the rear since I can't use my tank bag. Has anyone found one yet?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked them when they are expecting the windshield for the fz-07 and I received this.

Today at 6:32 PM
Nick,
Unfortunately the first shipment from spain will not arrive until mid September. Feel free to pre-order at any time.

Robert Lewis
Thank-you for supporting Motovation products.
512-697-9672 ph, 512-828-6378 fax.
www.motovationusa.com

that sucks!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
great news ebays got screens for fz-07 now $132.00. I think im going to try the smaller screen not sure how the larger ones are going to look.

well I just bought the short dark screen on ebay. I talk to the guy before i bought it, he said hes got them in stock and ready to ship them out. SWEEEEEEEET :)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
The windscreens themselves may be the same, but the mounting brackets are NOT. The hole pattern is different between the FZ09 and the FZ07. I bought an MRA sport screen for my FZ09 and they came out with a heavier made bracket and sent them out free to the owners of those screens.....I just got mine the other day. So, I grabbed the new brackets and held them up to my wife's new FZ07 and they don't fit.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is correct there are not the same. you need to order a fz-07 screen. just copy and paste this to ebay.
Yamaha FZ-07 MT07 14 15 Light Screen Shield Windshield 270mm Dark T MADE IN UK

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
MT to FZ should be identical, but FZ07 to FZ09 isn't.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MT and FZ are the same, my screen is going to be here in 2 days cant wait :)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
came in today usps was faster then they said it would be in. they got 3 different sizes this is the smallest, price is $132.00 any size shipped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice .. this is a must have .. let us know if this causes any buffeting of the front end at speed. I doubt it but wind stream can do some odd things

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow for a little screen it took 60% - 70% of the wind off of me, now it hits the top of my helmet.
im glad I didn't buy the larger screen you really don't need it , well if you over 6' you might .

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol , no way go buy your own screen.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts